If you’re anything like me when it comes to golf clubs for my game, the club must look right, feel right, and perform right for my desired need. This is even more important to me when it comes to finding a hybrid or wood that will best fit into my bag. When it comes to the Callaway Apex hybrid, they were able to successfully cross off each of those qualifications on my list. Let’s take a closer look at what makes the Apex hybrid a great choice for the better player.
The Callaway Apex hybrid has been precisely shaped to fit the eye of the better players and Tour professionals and is a hybrid that truly compliments the irons in your set. The face is longer from heel to toe and taller from sole to crown for a more iron-like blade length and overall profile. Additionally, the compact, pear shape head is one that will produce a more neutral center of gravity for versatility and workability from all types of lies and shot shaping needs.
Apex hybrids feature the same Forged Face Cup that has become customary in Callaway’s fairway wood and hybrid lines in recent years. This Carpenter 455 steel insert produces higher ball speeds all across the face, so not only are your center strikes going to fly long distances, but your off-center strikes will stay in the air longer.
Callaway’s patented Internal Standing Wave adds to the clubhead’s versatility and functionality for the better players by producing an added level of forgiveness and a trajectory more similar to that of an iron.
The Callaway Apex hybrid will be stocked with the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black shaft, available in senior, regular, and stiff shafts, with each producing a smooth, yet responsive feel and a mid-trajectory.
In the first few weeks on Tour, Apex hybrids were added to the bags of staff members Patrick Reed, Jason Kokrak, Sam Saunders, and Kristoffer Broberg, who proceeded to win the BMW Masters with the Apex hybrid in his bag. Not a bad way to kick off the introduction!
If you need help or have more questions, email me!
Here are some more great Callaway articles:
- The Callaway Apex Iron Elevates Forged Irons
- Callaway Driver Comparison: X Hot vs X2 Hot
- Another Icon Returns: Callaway Great Big Bertha
- Scratch Golf Just Golf A Huge Advantage From Callaway
- Callaway Driver Comparison: Big Bertha vs X2 Hot
- Callaway Driver Comparison: Big Bertha Alpha vs Big Bertha Alpha 815
- Callaway Iron Comparison: Apex vs X2 Hot
- Callaway Iron Comparison: Apex Pro vs X Forged
- Callaway Iron Comparison: XR Pro vs Apex Pro
- Callaway X Hot N14: Forgiveness and Playability
- The Callaway X2 Hot: Enhanced Performance You’ll Want To See
- Seeking Low Spin and Forgiveness from a Driver? The Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 is the Answer!
- Callaway XR and XR Pro Irons: The New Face of Distance and Forgiveness, Literally