Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind: A Shot Maker’s Delight
When the best wedge player in the game (and maybe all-time) speaks, you generally would want to listen. Phil Mickelson, in direct correlation with master wedge maker Roger Cleveland, designed a wedge that had the look, shape, and feel of a wedge that he can play from any type of situation that presents itself on the PGA Tour. They’ve essentially taken the original design of the Callaway Mack Daddy 2 wedge and re-engineered elements of the face, sole, and weight.
The Callaway PM Grind wedge has an extremely unique shape to it and it has an exceptionally high toe area, which allows for a 39% larger groove surface area to the club face compared to a traditional wedge. The grooves extend all the way up the face to the very tip of the toe. The sole’s leading edge was rounded and a portion of the sole carved out to suit Phil’s eyes at address and to provide exception turf interaction on tight lies and in deep bunkers.
Additionally, the shape allowed for the insertion of four weight ports in the back of the wedge which moves weight away from the sole to higher in the clubface, towards that expertly designed toe section. This gives the Callaway PM Grind wedge ultimate versatility from the deep rough as well as difficult bunkers and flop shots when the face is set open at address.
Thanks to Phil’s design, a shot that is struck high on the face will still spin, which makes it very useful for players of all still levels, especially with the tendency for the ball to ride up the clubface from long grass. When you have the confidence to be aggressive and accelerate through every shot, you increase your changes of getting up and down from anywhere. That’s why the Callawy PM Grind wedge is the head of the class in premium shot maker’s performance.
Check out these other Callaway articles:
- Callaway XR16 Driver: Bigger, Badder, Faster
- New Product Launch: Callaway XR OS Irons
- The Callaway Apex Iron Elevates Forged Irons
- Callaway Apex Hybrid: Precision Engineered For The Apex and Apex Pro Player
- Callaway Driver Comparison: X Hot vs X2 Hot
- Another Icon Returns: Callaway Great Big Bertha
- Scratch Golf Just Golf A Huge Advantage From Callaway
- Callaway Driver Comparison: Big Bertha vs X2 Hot
- Callaway Driver Comparison: Big Bertha Alpha vs Big Bertha Alpha 815
- Callaway Iron Comparison: Apex vs X2 Hot
- Callaway Iron Comparison: Apex Pro vs X Forged
- Callaway Iron Comparison: XR Pro vs Apex Pro
- Callaway X Hot N14: Forgiveness and Playability
- The Callaway X2 Hot: Enhanced Performance You’ll Want To See
- Seeking Low Spin and Forgiveness from a Driver? The Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 is the Answer!