Mizuno embodies their promotional #DetailsMatter with the new Mizuno T7 wedge. Mizuno concentrates on the grooves, grind, and head shape to craft an ideal wedge at each loft. Taking a closer look at these areas will showcase Mizuno’s attention to detail.
New Features: Mizuno T7 Wedge
- Grain-Flow Forging – Made from 1025 Boron steel to extend groove lifespan and deliver a soft, solid, and consistent feel.
- Improved Quad-Cutting – Mizuno’s new CNC milling process creates sharper, longer-lasting grooves.
- Loft-Specific Grooves – 45-53 degree clubs have deeper, narrower grooves to boost spin on full and partial shots. Higher lofted clubs (54-62 degrees) feature wide and shallow grooves.
- Head Specific Shapes – 45-48 degree clubs have a straight leading edge and topline. The heads get rounder as lofts increase until it reaches the traditional T-series “tear-drop” shape in 58-62 degree clubs.
- Traditional Blade Look – The bladed T7 head allows the golfer to work the golf ball more and offers more feedback on mishits but sacrifices some forgiveness.
- More Aggressive/Visible grinds – As loft increases and bounce decreases, the sole narrows, allowing for cleaner contact.
- The Mizuno T7 wedge lofts range from 45 to 62 degrees in 1-degree increments.
Shafts, Grips & Finishes
- Stock shaft: True Temper DG Spinner in wedge flex.
- Stock grip: Golf Pride Multicompound in the Blue/Black colorway.
- Note: Any shaft and grip that Mizuno carries are available at no up-charge. See all the options here.
- The Mizuno T7 wedge is offered in two colors, white satin and the eye-catching Blue Ion.
By focusing on these specific details, Mizuno was able to produce the ideal wedge at each loft. Putting these wedges in your bag will have you well on your way towards lower scores!
More Popular Mizuno Articles
- Mizuno JPX 850 Driver: Packed with Mizuno’s Cutting Edge Technology
- Mizuno JPX EZ & JPX EZ Forged Irons Bring A New Face to Game Improvement
- Customize Your Short Game With The Mizuno S5 Wedge
- The Mizuno MP-25 Has The Look and Technology You’re Looking For
- Get Ready to Adjust Your Expectations with the Mizuno JPX-EZ
- Everything You Need To Know: Mizuno MP-15, MP-H5, JPX-850 Forged, and JPX-850 Irons